Short Story about a lonely crocodile

/
0 Comments
My favourite part of the day was coming up, zoo opening time. I could sense the excitement in the room as everyone waited anxiously to be bought; I knew of course my chances of leaving today were low, but I wouldn’t give up hope.
Everyday families come and go, toys are picked from the shelves and taken to what I can only imagine to be the happiest and most loving place. Not me though; others like me have all given up hope of being chosen, I
’m the only crocodile left. Sat high on this shelf almost out of reach to the kids that pick us.
Floods of adults and children rushed in through the door, “Show time” one of the toy polar bear sings as she puts on a sickly sweet face “there’s no point you even trying to impress them croc, you’re just not cute like the rest of us” she snapped at me, I ignored her and presented myself in the best way any scaled, green and rubber creature could. As I peered down from the high shelf I could see everything, as the hours passed children choose the cute and fluffy toys; pandas, zebras and even lions left the shop.
Still nobody even noticed me, I was starting to give up my hope for today. I notice polar bear crying on her shelf, still presentable, as ever “why didn’t they buy me? I’m the best looking here and by far the cutest” I climb down from my shelf and try to comfort her but she waves me away “don’t pity me croc, I pity you because I know you’ll never leave these shelves” she shouts at me.
(.......)


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.